Why Give to First Church?
Here at First Church one of our Pathways to Discipleship is giving. We believe that when we give we are able to participate in the work to which God has called us.
When you donate to First Church you help:
- Feed the hungry. (Mission & Outreach Fund) Every month we prepare and serve over 300 meals for those in need in our community.
- Spread the news of God’s love (Mission & Outreach) as we help support Chin Cho, a UMC missionary serving in Mongolia.
- Those who are experiencing disasters. (UMCOR) Through the United Methodist Committee on Relief, long-term recovery aid is made available.
- Those who are homeless. (Mission & Outreach) We not only provide a monthly meal at the Central Iowa Shelter and Services but we donate to the women and children’s shelter through Hawthorn Hill.
- Support the various programs (Discipleship) at First Church such as learning opportunities, children’s Christian education, worship, fellowship etc.
- Provide space (Building & Grounds) for the Mabaan South Sudanese United Methodist Church that meets here at First Church.
Thank you for giving!
All we have is a gift from God…
We’re called to give our financial resources. God uses our financial gifts to redeem and transform this world.